Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Hey Skinny Brianne - I know you're out there somewhere!

Last night was our third weigh in for the Weight Loss Challenge. After two full weeks of working hard on improving my diet and learning how to count calories and one full week of body boot camp, I was a little anxious to get on the scale and see what kind of progress I've made. Kit constantly tells me that being too patient is a problem I'll never have to worry about, so I was definitely in need of some instant gratification last night.... I needed to know that Skinny Brianne is still there somewhere within me and willing to come back out!
I stepped on the scale and saw the following number pop up: 183.5   WHAT? THAT'S IT? Only down half a stinkin' pound? Ugh. Talk about feeling a little defeated... But I told myself, "Be positive. You still have to have all of your measurements done for the week. You are building muscle. You are doing a great job." So, on I go to the next room for measurments. By this point I am thinking to myself, "As long as I am down at least a little bit in inches, I am ok."  After all of the measurements were taken, I was thrilled!!
I lost a total of 4.5 inches in one week. I lost an inch at my waist, at my hips, around each thigh and .25" on each arm. Even though my weight wasn't down much, it's obvious that I am losing fat. Go ME! I was really excited and even more motivated to keep going. Boot Camp was killer this morning, so it's a good thing I was motivated. We did over 200 crunches and push ups as well as cardio. It was brutal, but I feel great today!
Hope this helps inspire you too!If you want to join me on this challenge, feel free to e-mail me your numbers & goals, and I will start tracking us together every week.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats Brianne...KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK...It will pay off over time..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Pokey!! I have done boot camp two different times and LOVED it! It is a great way to stay motivated and really get in shape - and it holds you accountable. Glad you are doing this for yourself! You are doing great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job!! Keep up the good work, it is paying off!

    ReplyDelete