Thursday, April 8, 2010

Livin' "la vida loca"!!!

Ok. I know... I'm terrible. I haven't updated our blog in FOREVER, and people are starting to wonder if we have disappeared or if aliens abducted us. I promise though, we're still around! (And let me apologize in advance for such a long post!)

2010 has been a whirlwind of a year for us so far. Rayleigh has gotten SO big, so quickly. It's hard to believe how much she has changed and grown, just since Christmas. I don't have any current pictures to upload right now, they are all on my other computer, but I promise I will get them posted soon.

Kit has been working lots of hours in his first full year as Ninth Grade & JV baseball coach here in Granbury. While I know he really loves working with his students & players, I am ready for baseball to be OVER and get my hubby back! I've missed him a lot this spring. I have to say though, I am very proud of him and the great work he has done this year. The team is doing really well, and the parents (for the most part) really like Kit and the work he is doing with the kids. He has gotten a little flack from some of the crazy parents, but you have to assume that as a coach, that's going to happen! We also just found out that his contract is being renewed for next year, so I guess the school district is happy with him on the field & in the classroom too!

My world has revolved around Rayleigh the last few months. I did manage to sneak in a girls weekend trip to Houston in March, but other than that, my life has pretty much been like this:
wake up, get ready for work while getting Rayleigh ready for day care, work, pick Rayleigh up from day care, come home, play with & feed RayRay, put her to bed, scrounge up something for myself to eat & attempt some housework/laundry, and then get ready for bed myself. Kit is usually home around 7:30 ,except for game nights which is about 10:00, but then he also has lesson plans & grading to do. (Who knew being a teacher/coach was so time consuming!) Some days I love my job, some days, not so much. But one thing I LOVE about my job is that I get to play golf with members/potential members. It is very relaxing and a lot of fun, even when I'm playing terrible. I am working very hard on a few projects at work right now, so hopefully all of my hard work will pay off with a bunch of membership sales!

Here are a few updates in the world of RayRay:
~Started really crawling around a lot in late February
~Started pulling up in early March
~Cut 4 more teeth over the last two weeks, bringing the total teeth to eight and Mom's sanity to almost 0
~With her newfound teeth, she has started biting a few friends at daycare. I'm told that she isn't doing it to be mean or when she gets mad; I guess it just feels good!
~Said her first words over Easter weekend; first was DaDa (of course...why can''t it be momma? So not fair!)
~She is also trying to say fish, BaBa (bottle), and kitty (which comes out as "titty" and is REALLY funny)
~She'll eat pretty much anything you give her, but she really loves bananas and any kind of pasta.
~She is sleeping through the night, as has been for a while. Sometimes the hard part is just getting her to go to sleep. Once down, she almost always sleeps for 10-12 hours. Yay!
~She's finally starting to get some more hair, and it's getting lighter too. It even has a little bit of curl in the back.
~She played her first full round of golf over Easter with Mom & Dad, Granny K & Doodles, and Aunt Kemma. She was a trooper and really liked being outside!
~With her added mobility, Rayleigh has started to become way more independent, but also a handfull. She gets into everything.
~We've also discovered a little bit of attitude. Unfortunately for her, I think she inherited her mother's patience, so sometimes she gets a little frustrated. She learned how to turn the TV on and off byb pushing the button on the tv set, and she thinks that's a pretty fun game.
~Overall, she is a GREAT BABY! I guess the Good Lord wants us to have more kids since he gave us such a good baby the first go-round.

My little future golfer

"Cheese, Mom!"

Dad & RayRay

1 comment: