Sunday, August 23, 2009

Rayleigh's Baptism Weekend

Yesterday, August 22, we baptized Rayleigh at Saint Frances Cabrini church here in Granbury. It was truly an amazing experience. I was very surprised how emotional I felt as the deacon baptized my little one with holy water. I became choked up and overwhelmed as my precious, perfect little angel received the Holy Spirit. I find comfort in knowing that we are beginning her journey as a Christian together as a family, and that she will forever be in God's grace. Rayleigh is an amazing gift from the Lord, and I am so thankful to Him for her and the love that she brings into our lives.
We were really excited to have everyone in town. I got to spend a lot of time with my cousin Lori, whom I love like a sister. Lori & her husband Matt (who is also a college friend of mine) are Rayleigh's godparents. We feel so honored to have them take on that task. I know from my experiences with both of them that they are two of the most devout Christians I know, and I have 100% faith in their ability to counsel Rayleigh in the future and for them to help us raise her to have a stron Christian faith.
We also had my parents, Doug & Mary Kaye, sister Makemma, brother Cameron and my grandparents, Leon & JoAnn, visiting. I was thrilled to have Granny & PoPo visit us and get to see our home. I think they liked it! My friend Alissa came as well and hung out with us all night as we partied! Emily & Josh came to baptism and lunch with us. It was good to see them.
After the baptism ceremony, us big kids went and played golf and drank some beer. Then we went out to the Langdon ranch for dinner and more celebrating. It was a great day, and we all had so much fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment